Sunday, July 27, 2014

TODAY IS NATIONAL PARENTS DAY



My parents on their Wedding Day

It’s National Parents Day.  So if you still have your parents, be good to them today.  Or if you’re like me and your parents have passed on, enjoy beautiful memories today. 



I have so many special wonderful memories of both my parents to look back on.  One of the best is how they loved birthdays.  Theirs or anyone elses.  A party -- dinner at their favorite restaurant, then back home for cake, ice cream and presents!





As I grew older, I always made the birthday cakes.  And this one is the favorite cake of my family. For birthdays, holidays and any special occasion. If you've ever had a "Miss Grace Lemon Cake", this is exactly like it.



LEMON POUND CAKE



Beat with electric mixer for 10 minutes:



4 beaten eggs
1 box yellow supreme cake mix (NOT lemon-flavored)
1 small box lemon istand pudding mix
2/3 c. oil
2/3 c. water



Pour into ungreased tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.



Glaze:



2 T. oil
2 T. water
2 c. powdered sugar
1/3 c. orange juice concentrate, thawed



Remove cake from oven. Poke top of cake several times with fork. Drizzle glaze over hot cake. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh, my....I wish I had a slice of your lemon cake RIGHT NOW!!! Now I have the recipe but it could NEVER EVER be as good as your cake!!
    How true....we had the best parents in the world!! And birthdays were always so SPECIAL in our family!! It made each one of us feel special on "OUR" day!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete