Thursday, July 3, 2014

A SPECIAL MEMORY OF A SPECIAL AUNT



My Mother had another sister, Kathryn (who we all called Kay).  Out of the girls in their family, Kay was the only one who worked outside the home and had a lot of friends outside the family.  Kay belonged to a bowling league and was always active doing things.  She wasn’t exactly known for her cooking  and I always sad that I got my cooking skills from Aunt Ruth and Aunt Frances and my love of food from Aunt Kay! 

My Grandmother, Nancy Young Noe, with her Daughters
(My Mo, Lucille, Aunt Frances, Mammaw, Aunt Kay, Aunt Ruth)


 But one thing she was GREAT at was making potato salad in her own special way for every family picnic. Hope you’ll enjoy this time honored recipe!

AUNT KAY'S POTATO SALAD

Boil red potatoes with jackets on. Cool; peel and slice.
Boil and slice 2-4 eggs. Add to potatoes. 
Mix in: 
Chopped midget pickles
Pickle juice
Diced onion
Fried & chopped bacon
Bacon grease
A little vinegar
Salt
Mayonnaise (not salad dressing)

Gently fold together. Chill until serving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment