Wednesday, July 30, 2014

MY BLUE RIBBON HUSBAND



My husband Steve is quite a pastry master.  His specialty is cheesecakes.  He’s so good, in fact, that he was a Best-in-Show winner for several years at the County Fair.  He does vanilla, chocolate, marble, key lime and one of my personal picks, this heavenly orange cheesecake.  It’s smooth and wonderful.  Come to think of it, Steve is a Blue Ribbon Husband all around!



ORANGE CHEESECAKE



Crust:



1-1/2 cup Chocolate Wafer Crumbs

4 tb Unsalted Butter – melted





Filling:



1 Envelope Unflavored Gelatin

1/2 c Orange Juice

24 oz Cream Cheese -- softened

3/4 c Sugar

1 c Whipping Cream -- whipped

2 tsp Grated Orange Peel



Combine crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool.



Soften gelatin in juice; stir over low heat until dissolved.



Combine cream cheese and sugar. Gradually add gelatin mixture. Fold in whipped cream and peel. Pour into pie sell; Chill until firm.



1 comment:

  1. I can testify---Steve's cheesecakes are THE best I have EVER ate---ANYWHERE!!!! I wish I had a piece right now!!! No, make that the WHOLE cheesecake! Literally---I COULD eat the whole thing!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete