Wednesday, July 2, 2014

PICNIC TIME!

Cole Slaw is always great for a picnic because it goes with everything.  With the 4th of July being this Friday, here's my own Cole Slaw recipe that everyone says is the best they've ever had.  It's creammy and delicious.  The key here is to put the cabbage through a food processor.  I'm terrified of a box grater.  I mean, who wants finger meat in their cabbage!  Have fun at your picnic this week and let me hear how any of my recipes worked for you!



COLE SLAW

In food processor, grate 1 head of cabbage until very fine.

Add:
1 bunch chopped green onion (including whites)
1 grated carrot
2 pinches parsley flakes
2 T vinegar (or to taste)
Sugar to taste (about 1 scoop)
Helmann’s mayonnaise (ONLY .. Do Not Use Salad Dressing)

Mix well and chill. to blend flavors.


No comments:

Post a Comment