Friday, July 25, 2014

A TRUE SERVANT’S HEART



I met Wanda Peck at a church I attended when I was living in Ohio.  The minute I met her, I knew I had met someone special.  What a sad day it was when it was told that Wanda was suffering from Cancer.  But what a trooper she was!  The Ladies Group from the Church approached her and told her that they had a group who visit with those who were ill for support and encouragement, and would she be interested in this.  Immediately, Wanda responded with “I sure would!  Who will we be visiting?”  She never saw herself as anything but a willing participant for doing the Lord’s work.  And her servant’s heart was clearly seen by everyone.   She passed away not long afterwards and I am so thankful that our paths crossed.  What a privilege to have known Wanda Peck!


WANDA’S SEASIDE PASTA SALAD

1 box shell macaroni
2 stalks celery,diced
2-3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
Salad Dressing
2 T. mustard
Salt & Pepper, to taste


Cook & drain pasta . Add enough Miracle Whip to moisten (not overly creamy). Add 1-2 T. mustard. Add celery and eggs; stir well to blend in. Salt & Pepper to taste. 


1 comment:

  1. I never knew or met Wanda Peck but this is one of my favorite stories about a TRUE servant's heart and I have shared it with others. What a lesson for us all!

    ReplyDelete