Monday, July 21, 2014

IT’S PICNIC TIME!




Ask anyone who ever attended one of our family picnics or Holiday meals.  They’ll all tell you that my Mom made THE BEST baked beans in the world.  The sauce thickens so much and the slow cooking makes them perfect each and every time.  Mom’s kids have all taken these beans to so many events, we should own stock in the pork ‘n beans industry!  She was always willing to pitch in whenever we needed something wonderful for a potluck and this dish never disappointed!

 My Lovely Mom, Lucille


MOM'S BAKED BEANS

2 large cans Campbell's Pork 'n Beans
1 small onion, diced
1 to 1-1/2 c. ketchup
1-1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 stick margarine, cut up

Mix together in slow cooker Cook on medium until margarine has melted. Stir. Reduce heat to low, and cook overnight. 

 

1 comment:

  1. My favorite photo of Mom!! I once won "first prize" at a PTA dinner at school with Mom's baked beans!! LOL! But I "fessed up" and told them that my Mom made them!! Obviously they were acquaintances and didn't know ME!!!! Or they would have KNOWN it wasn't my baked beans!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete