Thursday, October 2, 2014

YOU CAN’T TOP THIS



I’ve really gotten into making my own dressing for salads, which we love to have with just about every meal.  There are some good store bought versions, but nothing takes the place of ones you can make yourself at home. 

This recipe was given to me by our friend Stephen Browning, who got it from a waitress who was flirting with him on a visit to a steakhouse!  It’s my all-time favorite now and I’m’ sure it will be yours, too.  I always have it on hand in my refrigerator, and sometimes bottle it up to have as a hostess gift when eating at someone’s home. 

Thanks, Stephen!

STEAKHOUSE RANCH DRESSING

1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
3 c. mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
1-1/2 c. buttermilk
3/4 tsp. cracked blacker pepper
3/4 tsp. Paprika
3/4 tsp. garlic powder 


Combine all ingredients in bowl, mixing well. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Nancy---and thank you, Steven Browning! I LOVE ranch dressing. It is my very favorite and I am SURE that this is even better!!!!
    Again..."a triumph, my dear" on your blog!! STILL re--reading the Roosevelt one!!

    ReplyDelete