Saturday, October 25, 2014

GO BUCKEYES (Since You Don’t Play Florida!)


Okay, I know that the Gator’s don’t play this week.  Another Bye Week.  But I have a recipe that is so special I have to blog about tailgating anyway.  But always remember that my tailgating recipes are also great to have for parties or just quiet evenings in front of the TV. 

In Ohio, the Ohio State Buckeyes were everything.  And since they don’t play against Florida, I’m free to blog about them just a little.  And after all, their Head Coach is our former Gators coach, Urban Meyer, who led the Gators during the great Tim Tebow years.  So with that being said, on to the recipe!
Coach Urban Meyer with the legendary Tim Tebow
Ohio is the Buckeye State, so naturally a lot of things are named for that.  This tantalizing dip beats them all!  Chocolate and peanut butter mixed with lots of other good stuff, and you’ve got a keeper on your hands right here!  Enjoy it whenever Ohio State plays, or even when they don’t.

BUCKEYE DIP

4 oz cream cheese
1/2 c peanut butter, creamy
1/8 c milk
1 c confectioners' sugar
8 oz cool whip
12 oz mini chocolate chips
Graham cracker sticks

Cream cream cheese, peanut butter and milk together until smooth.

Add in confectioners' sugar and blend until smooth.  Fold in Cool Whip and mini chocolate chips.

For best consistency let set in refrigerator 2 hours before serving, but can be enjoyed immediately.   Serve with graham cracker sticks.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness....the Buckeye dip sounds WONDERFUL! ALL my favorites: peanut butter, cream cheese and CHOCOLATE CHIPS!!!! I am in Buckeye Heaven!! LOL! Glad that Ohio State doesn't play the Gators---we can root for BOTH! I love the photo of Tim Tebow--of course, ANY PHOTO of Tim Tebow would be great!! Out here the Broncos are most popular but I still haven't forgiven them for trading Tim Tebow! GO GATORS AND GO BUCKEYES!!!!

    ReplyDelete