Sunday, November 2, 2014

VISIONS OF SUGAR PLUMS DANCING IN YOUR HEAD YET?




As quickly as October flew by us, I’m sure November will be the same.  And that means Christmas will be here before we know it!  I love nuts any time of the year, but at Christmas, they become a central part of gift giving and special wonderful things to eat.

There’s nothing better than sugared pecans (or sugar ANY type of nut!).  I’ll have several recipes leading up to Christmas, but today’s blog is the first of many and it’s a recipe that is so great to share with special friends as a extremely nice gift.  I hope you’ll enjoy this as much as we do!



SUGARED PECANS



1 egg white

1 tablespoon water

1 pound pecan halves

1 cup white sugar

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon




Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Grease one baking sheet.




In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.





Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.





Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.

 


1 comment:

  1. I am DEFINITELY in love with the little squirrel on your blog!!! I LOVE squirrels. My favorite part of Cincinnati was Glendale with their black squirrels!! And like you (a family characteristic), I love any kind of nuts!!
    The sugared pecans sound so PERFECT for Thanksgiving afternoon treats OR Christmas!!! Oh, yum-yum!!! THANK YOU!!!! I am excited now for November and December!!

    ReplyDelete