Monday, November 3, 2014

BEFORE THERE WAS FOOD NETWORK



Before there was ever a Food Network or Cooking Channel, I watched some of the best cooking shows ever on our Public Television stations.  One of my very favorites was a chef out of Portland, Oregan named Capriel Pence.  She made her recipes so easy to follow and I still use many of hers today, including this one for Three Cheese Quesadillas.   
 
Capriel Pence & husband John
Quesadillas are unbelievably EASY to make and you can go crazy in your creativity with them.  Add chicken or other proteins, onion, salsa, experiment with different types of cheeses … the is no limit to what your imagination can come up with!  I prefer just the cheese melted in the tortillas, but you know what you like, so go with it!

THREE CHEESE QUESADILLAS

8 large flour tortillas                     
3/4 c. Jalapeno cheese, grated (omit if serving to children)
3/4  c. Monterey Jack cheese, grated   
3/4 c. Cheddar cheese, grated  (or use all Cheddar if you prefer)          
2 c. cooked, cubed chicken (if desired)

Mix cheese together.  Generously place cheese on half-side of each tortilla.  Top with cubes of chicken (or you can use beef, pork, ham, green pepper, or leave meat out for plain Quesadillas).  Fold tortilla over.  Place on a lightly oiled and heated stovetop (or outdoor) grill until cheese has melted and grill-marks are on tortillas.  Cut into wedges.  Serve immediately with salsa and/or sour cream.


2 comments:

  1. I love cheese quesadillas!!! Although I personally would omit the jalapeno cheese---I don't like anything hot & spicy! It looks delicious!! And to any reading this---the gooey grilled that Nancy posted on my birthday is THE BEST GRILLED CHEESE I HAVE EVER ATE!!!! I thought that "Cracker Barrel" had the best---but this one is far superior!! Yum-yum!! Now I can't wait to make the quesadillas! THANK YOU, NANCY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again! I remember how much you loved Capriel Pence! First time I ever saw her photo! So glad to get it!

    ReplyDelete