Saturday, November 8, 2014

Friday, November 6, 2014: SO GOOD TO BE HOME



As I mentioned in an earlier posting, I have been in the hospital since Monday.  I was having excruciating pain in the lower left abdomen and although I had an appointment to see a gastroenterologist in a couple weeks, the pain became unbearable, so Steve took me over to Ocala regional Hospital.  I was admitted and my GI came to the hospital and ordered some pelvic imaging.  The next day, he told me that he had seen a golf ball-size mass and some polyps In the colon.  That same day an oncologist came to my room to discuss what could lay ahead.  Meeting with the cancer doctor was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.  I wasn’t prepared to even think about that.  But an immediate colonoscopy was ordered.  And the outcome is nothing short of a MIRACLE!  During the priocedure, NO MASS WAS FOUND!  Two polyps were removed which the GI doctor said do not appear to be cancerous (and he said he would know after performing thousands of these procedures).  The Lord heard the many, many prayers that were going up on my behalf and He healed me with a miraculous touch.  The mass had been there.  Three doctors had confirmed it and even knew the size and location.  But in an answer to prayer, it had disappeared completely.  I know several of you were among those praying for me and you’ll never know what that meant to me.  God is so good when we walk in faith with Him.  I feel that I am living a true Bible story!  I can’t thank Him enough.  And as Wynona Judd sings in one of my very favorite sings, “With every breath I take, I will give thanks to God above.  For as long as I shall live, I will testify of love”!





Just a quick recipe today.  Like my Grandmother before me, I am a huge fan of butter beans.  And this recipe is one of the best!



BARBECUED BUTTER BEANS



4 (15-1/2 oz) cans butter beans,   drained & rinsed

1/2 lb. bacon, fried

1 green pepper, cut up

 1 (1 lb) can stewed tomatoes                

1 (24 oz) bottle ketchup                

1/2 lb. brown sugar

1 onion, chopped

2 T. margarine



Mix ingredients in casserole.  Bake (covered) at 350-degrees for

2 hours; remove lid for the last half-hour.  Serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. I PRAISED THE LORD AS I READ YOUR TESTIMONY!!!!! I have been praising the Lord since Thursday---WHAT A MIRACLE and testimony of the power of Jesus Christ to HEAL!!! He is the same yesterday, today and forever! I can't thank Him enough for healing you!! I LOVED the quote from Naomi Judd--how perfect!
    I loved the butter bean recipe! Mama loved them and if memory serves me well, Mom said that when she was a little girl, it was her favorite food--and all she wanted for awhile after her bout with pneumonia as a child. THANK YOU!!!
    And it is so WONDERFUL that you are home---THANK YOU, JESUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are home and back blogging. We were just discussing miracles in my Catholic Bible Study Class on the Acts of the Apostles. We discussed how Jesus performs miracles often but we just don't know about them or hear about them. I believe you did witness a miracle!

    ReplyDelete