Wednesday, November 12, 2014

CAN’T HAVE TOO MUCH RICE OR BROCCOLI



Two things I absolutely love … rice and broccoli!  This scrumptious casserole was given to me by Sandy Mills, one of the public health nurses when I worked for the County Board of Health.  That was back in 1978 and it has remained a constant favorite of everyone in my family.  Mom loved when I made this, and I think it’s the reason why she let me start cooking, when her kitchen had always been “off limits” (as Linda well knows). 

BROCCOLI CHEESE BAKE

Cook as directed 1-1/2 c. rice

Mix together with:

1 box frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 jar Cheez Whiz
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can mushrooms pieces

Bake 20 minutes at 325 degrees.



1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten about Sandy Mills!! But I remember she was a good friend of yours---and we loved, loved, loved the broccoli cheese casserole!! Mom especially!! And you're right---it "opened" up the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete