Thursday, November 20, 2014

MORE FROM MY AUNT DONA


Aunt Dona with my cousins, Dona Marie & Michael

Aunt Dona has always shared with me some of her most special recipes.  This is one of the best.  It’s a frozen peanut butter pie and it’s absolutely over the top when it comes to desserts!  She is one of the best cooks around, and I know my cousins (Gary, Cathy, Michael, Randy and Dona Marie) back me up on that. 

Make two of these pies and store one n the freezer to have on hand for unexpected guests.  This recipe is a keeper!
Aunt Dona & her daughters, Cathy & Dona Marie

 AUNT DONA’S PEANUT BUTTER PIE

8 oz cream cheese, soft
1/2 c. peanut butter              
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. milk
9 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
1 graham cracker crust
Finely chopped peanuts (opt)
Chocolate syrup (opt)

Whip cream cheese until soft & fluffy.  Beat in peanut butter & powdered sugar.  Slowly add milk, blending thoroughly until well-mixed.  Fold Cool Whip into mixture.  Pour into crust.  Sprinkle with chopped nuts, or graham cracker crumbs.  Freeze until firm.  At serving time, you might like to drizzle a little Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup over each slice.  Store leftovers in freezer.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER PIE!!! I remember you making this and it is THE BEST EVER!!! I love ANYTHING peanut butter---and I am tickled "pink" to get this recipe!!! I love the photos of aunt Dona and our cousins! I had never saw these photos! Kathy & Dona Marie are so pretty---but how could they miss being pretty with a mother like Dona?! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete