Friday, August 1, 2014

REMEMBERNG MY SISTER-IN-LAW




My oldest brother married Anita (August 1st, 1959) when I was three years old, so I don’t ever remember our family without her.  She was a class act – tall and beautiful, with many varied interests.  And she was a true Christian Lady. 



She always put my brother first.  Like when he decided he wanted to move to a large farm.  Anita was a city girl all the way, but she sacrificed, leaving her parents and sister behind so that Jim could have what he loved and wanted most.  And once there, she settled into it.  She turned their home into a real country farmhouse and began to make goat cheese and other goats milk products!  And the General Electric executive secretary became a farm girl, raising her children there in the country. 

 


Some of her favorite interests were reading, birds, flowers and cooking.  She shared a lot of recipes with me over the years and usually gave me a cookbook or two for Christmas or my birthday.  


 It was so hard when Anita passed away so suddenly of an aneurism.  I miss her so much and am very thankful for the beautiful memories I have of this lovely sister.



<B>CORN PUDDING</B>


 

1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. (8 oz) sour cream
1 package (8-1/2 oz) Jiffy cornbread mix
1/2 c. milk
1 can (15-1/4 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can (14-3/4 oz) cream-style corn


In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream. Gradually add muffin mix alternately with milk. Fold in corn.

Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325-Degrees for 45-50 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings. 

2 comments:

  1. Everything you said about Anita was 100% true.....she was beautiful inside and out and was a fascinating woman with many interests. I always loved her Christian fiction recommendations and she introduced me to many Christian authors. I always remember the hummingbirds in her yard and her pride in them. I know she is with her Savior that she so faithfully served all her life and is enjoying the birds & flowers in Heaven. I have fixed (yes, me) this corn pudding recipe many times and shared it with others. It is one of Wil's favorites. So if I can fix it good, it is a wonderful recipe!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this for Easter and everyone really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete