Sunday, August 17, 2014

A DIFFERENT PEACH COBBLER



I know bread seems like an odd ingredient -- but you won't believe how WONDERFUL this cobbler is!  The yeast from the bread gives it a unique taste like no other cobbler.  This is another from my old Church pal Parlie Wylie, the best baker I ever knew.

PEACH COBBLER

In buttered pan, slice 8 fresh peaches. Cover with 5-6 slices of white bread (crusts cut off and sliced into strips).

Melt 1 stick of butter (or margarine). Add:

1-1/2 c. sugar
2 T. flour
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix until smooth. Pour over bread. Bake at 350-degrees for 35-40 minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. Peach Cobbler---wouldn't Daddy love this?! He loved peaches so much. You are so right about Parlie Wylie---BUT I have to put you & Steve at the top of the "Best Bakers" list! I must try this recipe too----it sounds delicious AND easy.

    ReplyDelete