Wednesday, August 27, 2014

HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSINGS ARE ALWAYS BETTER!



We love a salad almost every night.  And I’ve REALLY gotten into making my own dressings.  They’re always better than the store-bought one, regardless of the brand. 

This is the first dressing recipe I ever tried and it has stood the test of time.  It’s still one of my favorites.  It makes a lot, so I keep extra jars in my pantry and it makes a great hostess gift when we’re invited to friends homes for dinner. 

CELERY SEED DRESSING
Using a mixer, blend until dissolved:
32 oz. fat-free Miracle Whip
1 c. sugar

Add and blend:
2 T. Grey Poupon mustard
12 oz. white Karo syrup
2 T. celery seeds

Refrigerate overnight. This males A LOT, so the recipe can be halved, or make it all and some as a gift.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE salads!!! And I HAVE GOT to try this celery seed dressing!!! It sounds delicious!! Please put all your salad dressings on your blog!! I even dip my "grilled cheese" sandwiches in dressings---I know, I know....a strange eater!! EVERYTHING you do is wonderful, Nancy!! Even making your own salad dressings!!

    ReplyDelete