Monday, September 22, 2014

WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR


The Holly Fairy
My husband Steve will go out of his way to make any special occasion really special.  He’ll bake a cheesecake, cupcakes for everyone’s birthday (in their favorite colors) or taken somewhere they love for the day.  One year for my sister Linda’s birthday, Steve made Fair Wands.  They were pretzel sticks dipped in lavender frosting and sprinkled with lavender sugar.  We talked about them for years.



He doesn’t do the mini-Fairy Wands much anymore, but he does Fairy wands in the full size pretzel wands.  They are always so beautiful and I feel like a Fairy Princess when he makes them for me.  When I get one from the Fairy Box where he stores them, he’ll give me a little bow and say, “Your wish is my command, Princess”.  Awwwww!



Here’s the recipe.  They’re great for when you need to feel like a princess or if you’re hosting a child’s birthday party.  Everyone loves these!



FAIRY WANDS



2 cups white chocolate chips

Microwavable bowl

Wooden spoon

Rubber spatula

12 pretzel rods

Colored Sugar and/or Candy Stars

Waxed paper



Microwave the white chocolate chips for 15-second intervals until they are nearly melted. Stir the chips until you have a smooth icing.



Use a rubber spatula to evenly spread white chocolate on one of the pretzel rods, leaving the bottom inch or so uncoated.



Working over a waxed paper-covered surface, generously sprinkle pink sugar and/or candies on the white chocolate before it hardens.



Repeat the process to transform the other two pretzel rods into blue and green wands.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I will never ever forget the Fairy Wands!!!! They are absolutely wonderful and makes anyone feel like a "princess"! I also remember one of my birthdays that Steve made LAVENDER (my favorite color, scent, and flower fairy!!) cupcakes!! They were the most beautiful cupcakes I ever saw---before or since! And it was the birthday you both got my "Willow", my fairy doll!! You & I EVEN wore "fairy crowns" for the big day! Oh, my, what a beautiful, beautiful memory!!! I am so thankful for the fairy wand recipe! They make any day MAGICAL! LOVE YOU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete