Thursday, September 25, 2014

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2014



I’m so sorry I didn’t get to my Blog yesterday.  I was terribly sick and uable to be out of bed.  So toda, I am posting twice – yesterdays, followed by the one I had planned for today.  Happy Cooking!

TWICE BAKED IS TWICE AS GOOD

I love twice baked potatoes.  The butter, cheese and sour cream turns an plain old dry baked potato into something wonderful.  But I still don’t like having to dig out the pulp with my fork.  Today’s recipe changes things up another notch altogether.  This casserole is SOOOOO good!  Great for your main potato side dish at home, and since the baking time is only 10-15 minutes, it’s a great carry-in meal when you’re invited to someone’s house for dinner. 

Twice-Baked Potato Casserole


13 baking potatoes, scrubbed clean
olive oil
kosher salt
1 pound thick-cut bacon, diced and fried and diced smaller
2 sticks butter, cut into slices
2 cups sour cream
1 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt
black pepper to taste
3 to 4 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
4 green onions, whites and greens sliced

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rub potatoes with olive oil to coat; place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake for 45 minutes, or until baked through (easily poked with a fork) Chop roughly. (do not peel)

Put butter, sour cream, milk, seasoned salt and pepper in a LARGE bowl. Add chopped potatoes, and mash together to mix. Add bacon, 2 cups cheese, and green onions, mix well with wooden spoon.

Dump entire mixture into a 9x13" pan, smoothing top. Top with about 2 cups cheese.

At this point, you can freeze or refrigerate, or bake.  Bake potatoes in a preheated 300 degree oven until heated through and cheese is melted, 10 to 15 minutes if baked right away; around 20 minutes if refrigerated.
 






 

1 comment:

  1. The twice baked potato casserole----oh, my!!!!! I am AGAIN drooling on the computer screen!! If it is 1/2 as good as it looks or sounds, I will be fixing it all the time!! THANK YOU!!!! Butter, cheese, sour cream....PERFECTION!

    ReplyDelete