Sunday, September 28, 2014

A BROSSRT FAVORITE



We love going to The Olive Garden.  Who wouldn’t!?  But that’s a pretty big night out and sometimes we just don’t have the money.  So I tweaked a recipe I’ve had for years and came up with the perfect Chicken Parmesan to have at home.  It was good, but it wasn’t until I discovered Newman’s Own Mainara Sauce that it all came together just right.  It’s one of my very favorite things to make and Steve loves it even more than going out because we can buy a double batch and make it twice in one week.  What a skilled wife and thrifty husband!  We make a pretty good team!!!

CHICKEN PARMESAN

1 c. Italian breadcrumbs
1 c. Parmesan cheese
Several shakes garlic salt
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 eggs
1/4 c. milk
Olive oil
1 jar Paul Newman’s Marinara Sauce
Sliced Mozzarella cheese


Mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt together. Pound chicken until 1/2-inch thick. Mix eggs and milk together. Dip chicken in milk mixture; then roll in crumb mixture. Brown chicken in olive oil; place in a glass baking dish. Cover with marinara sauce. Top with slices of Mozzarella. Cover and bake at 325-degrees for 30 minutes.




2 comments:

  1. I will have to buy that Marinara Sauce. I have never bought that brand before. I make Chicken Parmesan frequently and we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Chicken Parmesan looks delicious!! I haven't been to the Olive Garden since I went with you & Steve on a wedding anniversary celebration! It was a special night!!

    ReplyDelete