Thursday, September 4, 2014

RICE IS ALWAYS NICE



When I was a kid, the dumbest song came out.  It was called “Rice is Nice”.  It made no sense to me … then or now.  But I have to agree with the title.  Rice is ALWAYS nice, whether as a main meal or a side dish, at a Chinese restaurant or right in your own home. 

I love rice and I love anything with pineapple.  So you can imagine how much I love this Pineapple Rice!  It’s really great when served as a side dish to Hawaiian Chicken or Pineapple Pork Chops. 

My friend Leesa’s daughter gave me this recipe.  Mahalo, Teena!

PINEAPPLE RICE
1 cup rice
2 cups cubed pineapple
6 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup pineapple juice
Preheat oven to 350.  Boil rice.
Place 1/3 of rice in bottom of buttered baking dish.
Cover with half of the pineapple, half the brown sugar, and half of the butter.
Repeat with next 1/3 of rice and second half of pineapple, brown sugar and butter.
Cover with last 1/3 of rice and pour over pineapple juice.  Bake covered for 30 minutes.



1 comment:

  1. Mahalo, Teena AND Nancy!! I can hardly wait to make this and intend to do so this weekend!! I also love ANYTHING with pineapple!!! ALOHA!
    We always have rice on hand but can't wait to get the pineapple so I can make it. I am sure it will be my new favorite!!!

    LOVE YOU---ALOHA!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete