Monday, September 22, 2014

A NOVENA FOR THERESE



I’m posting another Blog entry tonight.  I wanted to remind everyone that tomorrow starts the Novena for Saint Therese.  Her Feast Day is just 9 days away.  I know everyone who reads this isn’t Catholic.  I’m not really either.  But I have studied the Faith through lessons taught to me by my brother Gary (who IS Catholic) and I have taken St. Therese as my Patron Saint.  I have prayed to her for intercession through my many surgeries relating to my Dialysis treatment and other related illness and problems, and she has never let me down.  I love The Little Flower and I know she cares for me. 

Please recite this prayer from September 23rd through October 1st

St. Therese, Flower of fervor and love,
please intercede for us.
Fill our hearts with your pure love of God.
As we approach and celebrate your feast day,
make us more aware of the goodness of God
and how well He tends His garden.
Instill in us your little way of doing
ordinary things with extra-ordinary love.
Give us the heart of a child who wonders at life
and embraces everything with loving enthusiasm.
Teach us your delight in God's ways so that
divine charity may blossom in our hearts.
Little Flower of Jesus, bring our petitions
(mention in silence here)
before God, our Father.
With your confidence,
we come before Jesus as Gods children,
because you are our heavenly friend.
As we celebrate the Feast Day of your homecoming in heaven, continue to shower roses
and grace upon us.

1 comment:

  1. Praying that you are feeling better---thank you for this reminder about Saint Therese and her Feast Day. And so needed now--the prayers for you.
    Love you and praying!!

    Love,

    Linda

    ReplyDelete