Friday, December 12, 2014

MY MOM’S FAVORIOTE SPREAD



Every year, my Mom made a special request of me.  Bring my Pimento Cheese Spread and a box of Club Crackers!  She absolutely LOVED this!  I still make it in her honor.  She loved Christmas more than anyone I’ve ever known and this Spread makes it seem that she’s still here with us. 

PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD

1 (3-oz) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
1 cup grated Monterey Jack
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon each of salt, black pepper & garlic powder
2 to 3 tablespoons pimentos, smashed
1 teaspoon grated onion
Cracked black pepper

Using an hand-held electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add all of the remaining ingredients and beat until well blended. It can be used as a dip or as a sandwich filling. But I love it best as an appetizer with Club crackers.


4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious but I absolutely detest mayonnaise. Could I substitute yogurt or sour cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom loved this pimento cheese spread and not only did you make it for her at Christmas but she also was so happy when you made it for our "Rook"
    nights or any get-togethers!! It was indeed her favorite! Mom made every single Christmas the "best ever"----and YOU, Nancy, have carried on her tradition of making every Christmas special!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's not much mayo, just to soften it or blend it. I'd mix some 1/2 to some cream cheese, with a touch of salt. I does sound good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I meant 1'2 and 1/2! cheers

    ReplyDelete