Sunday, June 29, 2014

WELCOME TO MY BLOG! LET'S GET STARTED!!!



Welcome to my new recipe blog, "The Ocala Kitchen".  As you probably figured out, I’m Nancy, I live in Ocala, Florida and I have a life-long passion for cooking and collecting recipes.  I've had some wonderful inspirations all these years from right in my own family.  My Grandparents lived with us, so my Grandmother (Nancy ... I was named for her) taught me a lot and I still have her cookware, which I LOVE and use every day.  My Mother would much rather be out playing softball with the boys in our family, so she mainly just taught me some special desserts and candy.  But mostly, I learned true old-fashioned Southern comfort foods from ,my Aunts, Ruth and Frances.  I just hovered around their Florida kitchens every chance I got!


I'll be posting lots of wonderful recipes and hope that you'll find some things that will be staples in your home, too. And I hope you'll follow my blog and leave comments if you find something your family loves, too.


But first, let me pay tribute to the Ladies I loved more than any others, each of whom I still think of every day and will miss forever.

My Mother Lucille, Aunt Ruth and Aunt Frances … my Culinary Inspirations 

 
CHEESY HASH BROWN CASSEROLE

(Lots of  hash brown casseroles around, but I swear to you, this one is better than Cracker Barrel's!  You might want to double it.)

28 oz to 2 lbs. frozen hash brown,  thawed
8 oz. sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick margarine, melted
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese for top

Mix all ingredients, except 1 cup sharo cheese.  Spread into a greased 9x13-inch backing pan or 2-quart casserole.  Bake at 350-degrees for 1 hour.  Remove from oven.  Sprinkle the reserved      1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese over the top and bake for 10 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment